Tien Hom Thai Massage

After the experience with Ton-Ton last week, this had left me with a very stiff back which probably was aggravated by my fiance's niece stomping on my back the other day. I had decided to try this new Massage place which I passed by every night on my way home. It's called Tien Hom Thai Massage, and it is cheaper than Ton-Ton.

Ambience
The lobby area of Tien Hom is really top class aesthetically it is very well designed. And the fragrant smell of the menthol with some floral accents really relaxed my senses. Upon entering the massage area, I noticed it was really quite small. Just like Ton-Ton, it has only curtains and a matress for rooms. The massage area is pretty crudely finished, with balck ceilings and beige walls, but at least it did look clean. The matress on the floor is aroung 4 inches thick which is an improvement from the 2 inch matress used in Ton-Ton. Still the fragrances are pretty strong, but not too strong just about on the high end of what I would consider comfortable. There are no lockers so all your clothes and bag/s stay with you protected by curtains. Around halfway into the massage their staff turned up the aircon, way up which I did not realize that my curtain room was right next to it. The loud roar of the aircon and the sudden injection of cold air was just about enough for me to get a little uncomfortable, but it was still bearable. I had to remember that this was a 1 hour massage for only 250 pesos and 200 pesos in the afternoons. Also one thing that bothered me was the fact that the off-duty masseuses spoke quite loudly and had to be shushed by our masseuses. And they also give out free hot tea at the end of your massage which is a big plus.

Quality of Service
With my aching back, I was hoping for a really good massage, and wasn't disappointed at the results. At first, I wanted to see what kind of pressure the masseuse would apply, it started out a little soft, so I spoke out and said that I wanted a hard massage because my back was really pretty stiff. She adjusted well to my request and very arduously massaging my back. It felt really good as I felt my back was really just one solid mass and she broke it down very well, the problem is because my back was so messed up that night, the masseuse spent a good part of the massage on the left side of my back leaving the right side a little bit wanting. So maybe given the situation, I should have taken the 1 hour 30 minutes, but still the back massage was done very well. There are a lot more techniques employed here and at least the masseuse I got was very good at these techniques. So for being such a cheap massage place, it really does not disappoint, in fact it does overdo itself with such a low valuation but hey who am I to complain about that. LOL

Comments

Mel said…
I love this massage place as well :)
Unknown said…
vince ikaw pala to! naalala ko tuloy ung usapan natin nung bday dinner ng dad ko hehe.
try ahavia spa along wilson (coming from greenhills, it's past p guevarra and a few blocks after happy family) - i wanna see what you and karina think about it :)
- kristel
Ethel said…
You might be interested in The Spa Wellness at The Fort in Bonifacio Global City. I'm giving away two free FACIALS to contest winners, too. http://www.wheninmanila.com/important-things-to-know-when-taking-care-of-your-skin/
Lunatic said…
Dear Mr. Kent,

This is a special invitation to be featured in our website. We have carefully selected who to give this amazing chance and your review
http://spaphilippines.blogspot.com/2008/09/tien-hom-thai-massage.html
definitely caught our eye. Definitely a great way to attract more people to visit your blog and get more exposure!
We are Spa+light, an online community that aims to promote spa establishments and services in the Philippines by providing helpful information, consumer reviews, latest events and promotions. Our goal is to be the go-to website to everything related to spa features and happenings. Please visit us at www.spatlight.com.

Agreeing to our elite offer permits us to publish your review about the spa brand, services, products, people, establishment, advertisement or any form of marketing campaign. We shall also use all attachments in included in the blog post like documents, videos, sounds or pictures. In return, you will be acknowledged as the original source. We will also highlight facts about yourself, business and picture (if desired) you would like us to publish plus a link back to your website.

Don’t miss this great opportunity! We welcome any questions or concerns. We hope to hear from you soon.


Sincerely yours,

--
Michael
www.spatlight.com
Ameen Khatri said…
Wow, happy to see this awesome post. I hope this think help any newbie for their awesome work. By the way thanks for share this awesomeness from cheap massage melbourne
KaneRichardson said…
I found this blog after a long time which is really helpful to let understand different approaches. I am going to adopt these new point to my career and thankful for this help.Massage Epsom

Popular Posts