Ranting on Ton-Ton

RANT. Just a little background for starters, if you've been reading the other reviews you'd know how much I value a good back massage, and my 'go to' place for a good cheap back massage was Ton-Ton Traditional Massage. But last Saturday, they really let me down. I got a masseuse that was not very friendly. First off me and my fiance availed of the 30 min foot and 1 hour body/back combo. The masseuse I got was insistent on having the body/back massage first, even after I had said that we preferred to have our foot massage first, we had not had any problems with this before and I thought it odd that she would try to insist even after being told. I told myself, well maybe she just forgot, so we sat down in the foot massage area. I had been in a relaxed mood since I was pretty tired that night, so I laid back and just closed my eyes. I have a foot massage quite often in Ton-Ton Massage so I know when I say that the foot massage felt like it was rushed, and true indeed, my masseuse finished earlier than the masseuse with my fiance. In any case, we went to Ton-Ton because of its back massage, so I just let the rushed massage slip. Getting a back massage for me happens at least 2-3 times a month and I had very high expectations since I go to Ton-Ton quite often. But not only did the massage feel 'soft' but the masseuse spoke in a very rash manner, quite annoying really and once again felt a little bit rushed. And true indeed of the 1 hour back massage only around 50 minutes had actually elapsed, I had not had the presence to check if the 30 minute Foot massage was actually 30 minutes, simply because of the 2 years of coming to Ton-Ton, I had not had to do so because of the satisfactory experiences that I have had. It was probably because of these moments that I did not open my mouth to complain right then. Which would prove to be a mistake, as when I woke up the next day, my back did not feel right, it was so tight and stiff. I do not write this to discourage people of going to Ton-Ton, I just wanted to share that even in my most trusted Massage places, there can be some lemons, which might lead to a nasty experience. For me, one bad experience does not change my impression of Ton-Ton and would go back there over and over again, hopefully I do not get that same masseuse again, or maybe she just had a bad day herself. Anyway, I endured this pain until last night when I tried a new massage place, Tien Hom Massage.

Comments

Maan said…
What Tonton branch did you go to? I'm also a fan of Tonton Thai Massage and I regularly go to their BF Homes and Salcedo Village branches.
tessa poblete said…
hello!

i know its been quite sometime now...

but we would like to apologize for whatever inconvenience you experienced with us...

and would very much appreciate it, if you could contact me directly at 09228783772 or email at tessa_poblete@yahoo.com

we would like to make up for that unpleasant experience you had with us and would like to find out which branch did this to you...

looking forward to giving you nothing but the best in Traditional Thai Massage!

Thanks!

=) Tessa
Hi!
I was researching about the best spas in town and i came across your blog. You seem to be an expert and i would like to ask for some advice. I'm writing an article wherein i have to review 3 high-end spas. I'm planning to review The Spa, Philosophy by Mikaela, and Nurture Spa... do you think these are okay? Thanks!!

Sam
Lunatic said…
Dear Mr. Kent,

This is a special invitation to be featured in our website. We have carefully selected who to give this amazing chance and your review
http://spaphilippines.blogspot.com/2008/09/tien-hom-thai-massage.html
definitely caught our eye. Definitely a great way to attract more people to visit your blog and get more exposure!
We are Spa+light, an online community that aims to promote spa establishments and services in the Philippines by providing helpful information, consumer reviews, latest events and promotions. Our goal is to be the go-to website to everything related to spa features and happenings. Please visit us at www.spatlight.com.

Agreeing to our elite offer permits us to publish your review about the spa brand, services, products, people, establishment, advertisement or any form of marketing campaign. We shall also use all attachments in included in the blog post like documents, videos, sounds or pictures. In return, you will be acknowledged as the original source. We will also highlight facts about yourself, business and picture (if desired) you would like us to publish plus a link back to your website.

Don’t miss this great opportunity! We welcome any questions or concerns. We hope to hear from you soon.


Sincerely yours,

--
Michael
www.spatlight.com

Popular Posts